This is my running journal. I'm going to track my progress from now until I actually keep running and don't stop because there are way more interesting things to do. And actually run a race. Eventually. I'm gonna do it. Really. I am.

Friday, July 25, 2008

want to be a skinny b?

I'm the kind of person who needs a good slap in the face (figuratively speaking) to get motivated about something.

Want to motivate me to exercise? Tell me I need to lose weight (Thanks, B. And bathroom scale, too).

Want to motivate me to eat better? Tell me about the completely disgusting and immoral process of America's slaughterhouses (Thank you, Fast Food Nation).

Want to motivate me to clean? Tell me I need to lose weight (or something that will invoke a similar anxiety attack... anxiety gives me the energy to clean clean clean or run run run).

I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought Skinny B**** (Target impulse buy... aren't they all?). Imagine my surprise and joy when the whole time they're telling me about the disgusting and immoral practices of the food industry in America and to exercise and stop eating CRAP over and over and over.

This book is not for the soft at heart. I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you're some sort of exercise masochist or healthy food fiend.

I guess my obsessions with food and exercise are finally out in the open. Oops.

Running Update: Slept in til 7 again (SO mad!). Running tonight after work on the super-steep hills, 'the bluffs' by my house, then going on the 1.75 mile run. Wahoo.

1 comment:

Spencer and Aly Larsen said...

hey! I noticed that you were on Aubre's blog the other day and saw that you are running the marathon. That is awesome!
Yeah, Spencer and I are going to move to Salt Lake. It will be a nice change of pace. I am not too into the college town setting anymore.
Good luck and I hope that you are doing well!