This is my running journal. I'm going to track my progress from now until I actually keep running and don't stop because there are way more interesting things to do. And actually run a race. Eventually. I'm gonna do it. Really. I am.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Motivation to Rise Early...

It was SO HARD for me to get up and go running this morning. My alarm started blaring at 6:00 AM and with my eyes closed, I managed to find my phone and hit the snooze button. Automatic reaction. I lay there for approximately 21 more minutes, arguing with myself that I really WOULD go running after watching "So You Think You Can Dance?" at the Kirklins tonight (...Right... the lies we tell ourselves to stay in bed for an extra 20 minutes...). Then I said, Tracie, get your lazy butt out of bed and RUN. So I actually listened to myself, got up, put on my new white and pink Saucony's, and ran 1.75 miles, the first part of my 5k training program, without my iPod, which is an amazing feat in itself.

I haven't been running lately because I can't find my iPod. LAME, Tracie, I know. I need music to run, and since I have misplaced my iPod, I can't muster up the motivation to run! I still do my yoga and strength training, but my running has been sorely lacking. The 1.75 mile run hurt my lungs today. Hopefully with my killer cross training routine I'll be doing twice a week (besides running the other 4 days), my lungs will get used to running for more than a mile. Because if I'm not in amazing shape by the time I get to Utah, my lungs will probably collapse runnning that 5k in Spanish Fork. Maybe I should do cross training 3xs a week. I need to look up how to prepare to run in higher elevations, but I'm pretty sure it's all about running hills and pushing yourself super hard so that your lungs are constantly getting pushed to their limits. Oh, joy.


Well, at least I ran today. We'll just see how this whole "Tracie is a Runner" thing goes...

No comments: