This is my running journal. I'm going to track my progress from now until I actually keep running and don't stop because there are way more interesting things to do. And actually run a race. Eventually. I'm gonna do it. Really. I am.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is rotting my digestive system, and I don't care.

(Sing title to tune of "Jimmy Cracked Corn").

I can't help it. Every time my mom buys Cinnamon Toast Crunch for my brother Bradley, I eat it non stop. It's gone within 48 hours. And then my stomach hurts all night long, thanks to the over-abundance of trans fats, genetically modified starches and sugars, and synthetic preservatives. Does any of that sound healthy or appealing or ethically MORAL to you? No wonder it's harder to run after eating CTC for breakfast.

Since I became a pescatarian in March '08, I've:

1. Stopped eating at fast food restaurants (EW GROSS, everyone read Fast Food Nation NOW)

2. Try not to eat at restaurants in general unless it's SUSHI (mmm sushi)

3. Increase my intake of fish, fruits, veggies, whole grains, and herbs.

4. Tried really hard to delete processed foods from my diet (like processed cheese... ugh... I'm not even going to list all the ingredients in THAT)... but Cinnamon Toast Crunch gets me every time.

I'm never going to reach my running potential unless I eliminate all processed foods from my diet. Let me write down a few more things in my Book of Decisions:

1. I promise to eat raw foods for the next month to prepare for my first race.

2. I promise to drink as much water as I can every day (between 60-75 oz).

3. I promise to never miss a day of running because I don't feel like it due to eating yummy processed foods (mmmm cinnamon rolls!!!!!!).

4. I promise to eat sushi once a week and to try and incorporate fish into my diet at least 4 days a week.

5. (I can't believe I'm going to write this) STOP DRINKING DIET COKE... gasp...I'm having a hard time breathing right now...Oh, my head already hurts. But Diet Coke is full of CRAP. Yummy, yummy crap, but crap nonetheless.

Okay, I must now focus all my energy on cleansing my inner body through my detoxifying/fish diet. And when I say diet, I mean lifestyle, not "get slim quick then yo yo back to original weight". Lifestyle, people, lifestyle.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I hope you're good at keeping goals. I'm rather horrible at it...which is why I'm out of shape.

The Liddells said...

You crack me up! But, I wish I was like you! Well, I have been getting better at my eating habits, but when you ate whatever you wanted for so long and didn't have to worry about it, it's kind of hard to change. But, it's all starting to catch up to me now, so i've been trying to get better.

By the way, we live in Austin, TX. I know, random, huh? We are just going to live here until we are done with school, which will probably be another 3 years or so, and then we will move to Utah. Where are you living now?

P.S. Getting rid of Diet Coke is a REALLY good idea. Josh's mom has been in the hospital a few times because of drinking diet coke so much...I will have to find out exactly what it did to her, and then I will let you know.

P.S.S. (however you do that) I must agree with you on the CTC...
I have a soft spot for that too!

The Liddells said...

Wow, I think that is probably the longest comment I've ever left...if you care;)