This is my running journal. I'm going to track my progress from now until I actually keep running and don't stop because there are way more interesting things to do. And actually run a race. Eventually. I'm gonna do it. Really. I am.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tracie = Runner?

I guess I can officially call myself a "runner" because I finally spent a considerable amount of money on really nice running shoes. And not just ONE pair of running shoes... TWO pairs of running shoes.

Yesterday was my start date to train for the Spanish Fork 5k on Sept. 6th. I'm using the program designed by Hal Higdon (thanks Tawnie!!). Mondays are rest days, so technically, today I start running.

I will run the L.A. Marathon on March 1st, no matter what anyone says. I got my little brother to agree to run with me. Hopefully he trains while I'm in Utah. Hopefully I train while I'm in Utah.

Today I only have to run 1.75 miles... now I need to map a route, and thanks to mapmyrun.com, it's super easy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my goal was to run a marathon before turning 20.

yeah, didn't happen.

you're my hero for actually doing it!