This is my running journal. I'm going to track my progress from now until I actually keep running and don't stop because there are way more interesting things to do. And actually run a race. Eventually. I'm gonna do it. Really. I am.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Sand = Run

Every time I walk on sand, I get the sudden urge to run. It feels like a trampoline under my feet. Saturday night, when I was walking along the beach at Newport, I practically ran down the surf. Invigorating for me, annoying for my friend who had to constantly tell me to slow down. I didn't even notice I was going so fast. There is something about sand that just makes me want to go, go, go. I think I get an adrenaline high just from being at the beach.

Maybe if the whole L.A. Marathon was on the beach, I would do really well.

Still running, sort of. I've lagged because my friend is getting married and I've been helping with that whole process and it just makes me too tired to do anything else. I am running tonight along the beautiful bluffs of Bakersfield, CA.

No Diet Coke today! Fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch. Now what am I supposed to eat for dinner?

No comments: