This is my running journal. I'm going to track my progress from now until I actually keep running and don't stop because there are way more interesting things to do. And actually run a race. Eventually. I'm gonna do it. Really. I am.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

HELP

Can someone please give me motivation to run? I already tried writing down my goals. I already tried yelling at myself. I already tried lacing up my running shoes. But it's August, school starts in less than a month, and all I want to do is curl up on my parents bed and watch Season 1 of Burn Notice over and over. I can't stop. I can't.

4 comments:

HappyOrtons said...

Hi Tracie!!!
this is Ilcy, Asha's mom.
I happened to run across your blog as I noticed your picture while commenting on jill galyan's blog.
Let me just say wow!!!
you are such an inspiration for me!!!
I don't know if this helps you get motivated to run like you were saying but let me tell you, you have motivated me so much. During the past year I have gained some weight and I don't feel like myself anymore. I really wish to go back to my old self badly :(
You have inspired me to do so. Thanks for your good example in living a good lifestyle. I want to practice what you are doing.
Thanks for being my inspiration!
By the way, do you think we could scheadule a photoshoot this Thursday? or perhaps friday if this is better for you. Sorry I didn't call you the other day but we had some medical emergencies with Asha that whole week. It's a long story but she is doing way better now. Here is my e-mail so you can let me know as soon as you know. I was thinking something like 6:30Pm. What do you think???
thanks so much Tracie!
I hope to hear from ya soon!
Ilcy ;D
ilcyachtmann@yahoo.com

HappyOrtons said...

By the way thanks for the body revitalizer recipe!!! I'll try it
I love your blog!

Rachel Eden said...

I think the easiest way to motivate is to sign up for a marathon run and than you have to train.

Britni said...

Sign up for a race, give yourself rewards for doing good things, etc. I've found that if I say something like I can't turn on the TV until I've run it really helps. So does competition. Maybe get together with some friends and make a competition out of who runs the most times in a month or something.. or just who works out the most times in a month. I completely undersatnd the lacking motivation factor though. I think we're in the same place ha.