This is my running journal. I'm going to track my progress from now until I actually keep running and don't stop because there are way more interesting things to do. And actually run a race. Eventually. I'm gonna do it. Really. I am.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Staying Alive

I keep reading and hearing about super healthy people who die while running marathons. I know someone who knew someone really well (and super-healthy) who just dropped dead of a heart attack at the end of a recent marathon.

So, in the spirit of trying to stay alive for the Husband and the Baby, I am not going to run a marathon anymore.

However, a HALF-marathon is not out of the question, and seems do-able in my mind.

I am writing my goal down for running: run and finish the SLC Half-Marathon in April. If I don't write this down, I will never keep myself accountable. I want to run 2 5ks and a 10k before I take on the endeavor.

Thank you, Cristina for giving me motivation. Also, thank you, Baby, for putting my body out of shape and giving me even MORE motivation to run.

No comments: